Thursday, October 16, 2014

The 50th Post

Wow, this is a definite milestone for Porch Pansy! I started this blog over a year ago as a tool to learn how to create content and explore one of my favorite topics gardening. It has been a lot of work and well worth it. Unfortunately, my workload has increased and I don’t have the proper amount of time needed to commit to Porch Pansy. I do hope to return when things slow down and maybe by then, I’ll have a garden of my own! If I come across some lovely gardens along the way I will post about them. Thanks for following and happy gardening!

Here are the top 5 posts by the number of visitors, followed by some of my favorites.

1. Koida Greenhouses June 7

Check out this inside look at a local nursery in Milwaukie, Oregon run by the Koida family. This also happens to be my favorite as well.




2. Alan's Front Yard June 26

My good friend Alan let me tear up his front yard and backyard in the summer of 2013. I had a lot of fun, planted a lot of plants and tried my hand at design. The first post to this string is just below as the third most popular, it may be worthwhile checking out first.




3. Shaun's Vegetable Garden

Shaun is a miracle worker when it comes to cultivating a garden. He also excels at design and function. He introduced me to the flower world and taught me a lot. I also have a post on Shaun’s Containers and Shaun’s Perennials.




4. Alan's Front Yard May 22

This is the first post on Alan’s front yard and my very second post for Porch Pansy. I think it’s so popular due to that loveable character Cooper, Alan’s white lab (bottom right of picture). Did you notice Cooper looking at you in the above photo of Alan's front yard?




5. The Desert Botanical Gardens: Part I

The Desert Botanical Gardens are located just outside of Phoenix, Arizona and are amazing. This is a must see for lovers of the prickly nature. This is one of my favorite posts too.




These are three more posts that I really enjoyed.

Learning about butterflies was amazing as we got to watch first hand their development from egg to adult in our garden center.




My friend John has a knack for the exotic and his garden is full of interesting life. When I asked him what he thought were his garden’s best features, he said it touched all of the senses.




The Lan Su Chinese Gardens take up a city block in downtown Portland, Oregon. Take a stroll through this enchanting spot that offers a peaceful escape from the busy city, full of rich history and tranquil design.






No comments:

Post a Comment