Friday, July 19, 2013

Alan's Backyard May 29


Last time I worked on Alan’s backyard I planted a pot for his back porch to mimic the one on the front porch, with ‘Persian Shield’, impatiens and Tradescantia, as well as planted an astilbe and ligularia along the side of the house. I also assessed what needed to be completed.

On this day I removed the failing jasmine and planted in its place a honeysuckle with impatiens below it.




I also planted impatiens under the surviving jasmine.



I repotted two of the pots that sit on the chimney. For these I used colors and flowers to mimic fire. The pot on the left has a red petunia, yellow calibracho with euphorbia 'Star Dust'. The one on the right has an orange petunia, a tangerine colored calibrachoa and euphorbia 'Star Dust'.




I also planted impatiens around the astilbe and ligularia in the bed along the side of the house.



Alan’s garden continues to develop like this blog. I’m a bit behind in my posting, but like any new project it takes time to develop and master. I’m currently doing my best to post on Tuesdays and Fridays of the week and open to any feedback or comments you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment