Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Andrew's Porch May 26


I call myself Porch Pansy, since I love to sit outside during the warm months and watch the flowers grow. I spend most of my time on Andrew’s porch, which we have developed into a great place to relax.




In the early spring he planted four containers of pansies and a container of petunias. Four of the containers line the top of the fence for privacy and another one sits on the table.







Every year Andrew plants three fuchsia baskets that hang on the posts that support the opaque plastic corrugated roof.





Unfortunately, one of the fuchsias didn’t make it. I replanted the basket and  used it as my Hanging Annual Basket 1 experiment.



Andrew grew flowers from seed this year including: nasturtium, foxglove and Chile morning glory. The nasturtium did very well and now lives in the edible garden. The morning glory didn’t make it and the foxgloves were planted in the side yard. I brought in some ornamental grass and accidently planted them where the foxglove seedlings lived. So, these foxgloves were waiting for Andrew on the porch one day.



Hummingbirds love the fuchsia and the sweet feeder nearby. I’ve waited many times to snap a picture of one, but no luck yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment